Friday, November 03, 2006

Chris Rock Files for Divorce...

TMZ is reporting that Chris Rock has filed for a divorce from his wife of ten years, Malaak Rock. Awww, I'm kinda sad to hear this. I think they make an adorable couple. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes. Lots of marriages end in divorce, I'm sure they'll both be fine. Anyway, you can read the article as reported by TMZ below...
TMZ has learned that Chris Rock has begun divorce proceedings against his wife of nearly 10 years, Malaak Compton-Rock. TMZ is told that the comedian has hired a high-powered divorce attorney to represent him. The couple, married in November of 1996, has two daughters -- 4 year-old Lola and 2 year-old Zahra.

Malaak is the Founder and Executive Director of StyleWORKS; a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce. When contacted, Rock's rep would only say "I cannot comment at this time." Chris, best known for his stand-up comedy, is currently in post-production for the film "I Think I Love My Wife."
[TMZ]