Friday, May 12, 2006

Kelly's Album Pushed Back to 2007...

So, I've been hearing about this for a while but it has finally been confirmed. Billboard is reporting the Kelly Rowland's sophomore album has been pushed back for a 2007 release.
The release of Kelly Rowland's sophomore solo set for Columbia/Sony Urban Music, "My Story: Kelly Rowland," has been moved from July to first-quarter 2007. Manager Mathew Knowles says more time is needed to properly set up the project. "We want to make sure our marketing strategy is a multi-tiered approach that capitalizes on the synergies afforded by her other projects," Knowles tells Billboard.

Asked if more songs will now be recorded for the pushed-back set, Knowles says, "If she finds a better song or songs to add, we'll use them. But that's not the reason for changing the date. [Everyone] is pleased with the record Kelly made."

Matthew is telling a bold-faced lie. Just about every review I've read for Kelly's album was a bad review. I'm sure that's the real reason the album is being pushed back. They need to rework some things, I'm happy they pushed it back. I really like Kelly, but she definitely needs to step her game up. Her songs aren't bad, but they could be so much better. I know she can do it, the girl is really talented. I know a lot of people don't want to admit it, but Kelly will forever remain in Beyonce's shadow if she doesn't come hard with this album...
Billboard