Monday, October 17, 2005

Foxy Can't Hear

First I found out that Fantasia can't read, now I've learned that Foxy Brown can't hear. It isn't known exactly what caused her hearing loss but she does say how she felt when she first realized she couldn't hear.What Foxy Brown remembers most about the morning of May 23 is the eerie quiet. The night before, the rapper had fallen asleep with the television blaring, but when she got up, no sound seemed to be coming from it. "I pressed the volume to maybe 60. Nothing," says Brown. " I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem."

They say I may be able to hear with a (cochlear) implant. [An implant would give "much more auditory information," says Dr. Lalwani. "It would let her use a telephone, and it may be sufficient for her to get tonality back and be a musician."] I know it will be an uphill battle. For now I am taking a break. But I will definitely be back. I still write. I write the best music when I'm going through pain. Sometimes I think, "What if I don't get my hearing back?" But then a second later I think God loves me. He will make a way. I know I will be all right. I'm not Foxy Brown right now. I'm Inga Marchand. I'm just a girl that wants to get better.

That is a real sad situation, I can't imagine not being able to hear. I hope all turns out Ok for Foxy. Pick up People magazine to read more on Foxy's story.
People