Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ja Rule Talks 50 Cent, New Album with Complex...

Ja Rule recently sat down for an interview with Complex.com. In the interview he answers questions regarding his issues with 50 Cent and DMX, making a comeback and MTV promoting homosexuality, among other things. You can read some snippets under the cut. Click the link for the full interview...


On 50 Cent:
Ja: Well that's because he screamed my name and I went to see him. That's the difference people don't understand. Everyone talks about the beef I had with 50; he has beef with all types of rappers, but I'm the only rapper who went and handled my business and went and hollered at him man to man... And the moment I heard he had a record about me, I knew where he resided, I knew where he hung out, I went and seen and him. "Homie, you have a problem with me? What's happening? You ain't got to rhyme about it, I'm right here in front of your face." So that's how our situation took place, and I handled my business with 50 and 50 knows that. That's why I'm such a threat to him, that's why he doesn't like me so much.

On Jay-Z/Pac/B.I.G/DMX
Ja: I've seen Jay's reaction when Pac started to shit on him! I've seen how he was getting backlash! And then Pac died and he didn't even get a chance to respond. He just had to take that on the chin. I was there when Lil Cease brought B.I.G the fucking "Hit 'Em Up" joint. I seen B.I.G's reaction, when he first heard the record. When B.I.G first heard that from Pac, B.I.G's reaction was like "Why is homie doing this? 'Cause he don't mean that, this dude was my man." See, they were friends. That's kind of how I feel when I hear X talking shit. I'm like "X, dawg, you don't mean that, nigga, c'mon X." But we always give X a pass and excuse X for his wild and crazy tirades, because we know X has a drug problem and we appease X. We treat X like a child at times.

On Congress/homosexuality. (page 3)
Ja: Yeah, they got my man Doug Morris under fire and shit, they got him going down to go speak to Congress about hip-hop lyrics, are you fucking serious? There's a fucking black kid right now about to get 25 years for having a fight with some white kids over hanging the nooses over the white tree, lets get to that. Let's get into shit like that, because that's what's tearing up America, not me calling a woman a bitch or a hoe on my rap songs. And if it is, then we need to go step to Paramount, and fucking MGM, and all of these other motherfuckers that's making all of these movies and we need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these fucking shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this shit. Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid afternoon. Let's talk about shit like that! If that's not fucking up America, I don't know what is. [Thanks Sherry]


0 comments: