Saturday, May 12, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS
HOWARD UNIVERSITY
CLASS OF 2007!!!
I especially want to congratulate the girls of 3-Dub (2003-2004, remember that, lol) who graduated today. It was a really nice ceremony (it was extra hot outside but still nice) and Oprah's speech even brought a tear to my eye, lol. One of my favorite quotes from her speech was "Failure is God's way of pointing you in a new direction" (or something like that). Anyway, I'm really proud of all of you, Ikiah, Avia, Marisa, Chanelle, Lauren, Mawuli and everybody else. I wish all of you much success in the future!! Oh yeah, updates will be back on Monday:)...
"I stand here as a symbol of what is possible when you believe in the dream of your own life," Winfrey said. "Don't be afraid. All you need to do is know who you are."

Winfrey said that while growing up her grandmother, a servant in 1950s Mississippi, hoped that Winfrey would "get some good white folks" to work for.

"I regret that she didn't live past 1963 and see that I did get some really good white folks - working for me," she said.


0 comments: