Monday, April 30, 2007

Monica's Son Is Not a Thug...

Some new pictures of Monica's 23 month old son Rodney aka Little Rock has recently hit the internet causing a little bit of controversy. Her son is pictured wearing typical Sean John and Rocawear attire but it caused some people to get into a debate over whether or not Monica was trying to make her son look like a little thug. Monica came across some of the negative comments and decided to put out a response. You can check out the pictures under the cut, as well as Monica's statement. Click on the word "SOURCE" to read some of the comments saying that he looks like a gangster and a thug, that Monica is responding to...

CONTINUE READING THIS POST...
Click the pictures to see them enlarged...
STATEMENT FROM MONICA...
I truly thank [my fans] for their love and support. It's something that motivates me as a mother and as a person. Their love and support has carried me through a 13-year career, one child, and four albums.

And because of those that prefer not to hate, I'll always make music and let them into my personal life. I was made aware of the few people that did not like his choice of attire. But who are we to judge? Truth be told: it should be respected that he's on a major website wearing clothes that were created and made by Black men.

How do we constantly find negative when only positive exists? Is it a problem with the world or people in general? My son is being raised by strong black men, so therefore, when I dress him, I dress him as one. Not as a thug, not as a hoodlum.

How he dresses reflects nothing that I teach him. Morals and values are instilled in our home and in our lives. And for those that choose to speak negative, I simply must say take a look at self and dissect the problems within before you try to look at my life and dissect mine. My son is loved, blessed, favored by God and supported by many.

Thank you very much Sean "Puffy" Combs and the Rocafella family. We love you and will support you at all costs.
Here's an older picture of Monica with her son...
[SOURCE]


0 comments: