Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Spotlight On: Debra & Christina...

I bet you all are wondering just who Debra Lee and Christina Norman are. Well, Debra is the president of BET and Christina is the president of MTV. I know I don't usually feature "non-entertainers" on the site, but I really wanted to spotlight these women. We're always talking about the celebrities that appear on BET and MTV but now learn a little about the women running the shows. As a woman, I love to see women in positions of power, but as a black woman (double minority ya'll), I love it even more when people that look like me are on top, lol. Click the links to learn more about these two women...
Norman was previously President of VH1 where she is credited with leading the network out of a prolonged ratings slump into a continuing ratings rebound during the past two years. She has also revamped VH1’s on-air design and overall creative direction.

[Debra Lee] is the highest ranking African-American woman at BET’s parent company Viacom. During her tenure at BET, Lee has played some of the most pivotal roles in the company’s history, including executive vice president and general counsel of BET’s legal affairs department; and president and publisher of BET’s publishing division.
Christina Norman (left), Debra Lee