Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rihanna Refuses to Be Too Skimpy...

Rihanna recently stated in an interview that she refuses to wear clothes that are too skimpy because she wants to be respected for her music like Alicia Keys. Ummm, ok...
Barbados-born R+B star recently turned down a cover shoot for German magazine when she learned editors wanted her to go topless for the session. She says, "I don't like to wear things (that are) too skimpy... If I do shorts on the bottom, it's gotta be something very conservative at the top. If it's skimpy at the top, it's gotta be long jeans or something. "I like to balance it out. I won't do short shorts and short top. "That's what I admire so much about Alicia Keys. She became so successful off of just her music. She was really conservative about her style at first."

Rihanna can always expect a backlash in her native Barbados if she wears anything too revealing - as she recently discovered. She explains, "I went to the beach and I had on a one-piece swimsuit with jeans, but the swimsuit, obviously, it had the back out and stuff, the sides out. "They took the picture and they made it look like it was a top that was really revealing... There were call-in (radio) programmes about it... It was a big deal for, like, three weeks straight - talking about I'm not setting a good example."
Speaking of Rihanna, below you can check out a couple pictures (click it to see the other) from the July issue of Blender Magazine. She looks cute, as usual...

[Contact Music]