Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fantasia at TCA Event...

I don't really like Lifetime movies (I'm probably the only woman in the world who doesn't) but I am really looking forward to seeing Fantasia's movie. Fantasia recently attended the 2006 Summer Television Critics Association press event held in Pasadena, California. She, along with Debbie Allen, Loretta Devine, Kadeem Hardison and other cast members, discussed their movie "Life is Not a Fairy Tale". Below you can read a little of what Loretta had to say about Fantasia...
As Allen, Davis and Loretta Devine (who plays Fantasia's grandmother) talked about their star, you saw how fond they were of her. Barrino tightly held Allen's hand throughout the press conference. For Devine, that fondness predated their meeting.

"I never vote on American Idol," Devine said. "Reality shows are taking all of our (acting) jobs away. But I remember calling over and over (to vote for Barrino). It became a personal thing for me that she won. I wanted her so badly to win. "I've been doing this forever," added Devine, whose resume includes Crash and Grey's Anatomy. "And when I got a chance to meet her, I was so moved. There is something in her that is so unique... She has an incredible effect on people."

[SOURCE]