Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Christina on Def Jam Split...

Christina Milian posted a blog on her MySpace page talking about parting ways with Def Jam. She also says don't believe everything you read about the situation. Anyway, check it out below...
when a WINDOW shuts....a DOOR opens!! :) I know the saying actually works out the other way, but my thinking is a little different. :) I know I haven't been able to write lately but I just wanted to inform u guys that I am ok. As many of you know, island/defjam and I have parted ways. Which is all for the best. Believe me, I have had a long history with the label & still got love for them over there. Understand, this is a blessing. It may not look that way right now but believe me, there is a reason for everything. So yeah, just letting you know everything is cool, No hard feelings. At the end of the day, I am proud of the album I made, love the music and I'd stand by it ANY day.

Though I'm not a big fan of her music, I really do wish her well on her future musical endeavors. I won't be purchasing any of the albums, lol, but it seems like that's where her heart is. Anyway, speaking of Miss Milian, her boyfriend Dre recently commented on her album and their relationship...
I'm proud of Christina Milian's So Amazin' album, 10 out of 11 songs we wrote and produced. We're [Cool & Dre] blessed dudes right now." In addition to working with Ms. Milian, Dre also confirmed to SOHH that the two are indeed an item. "Yeah, that's definitely wifey right there," he said. "A real man isn't ashamed to claim what's his. I could never disrespect by not claiming my girl. No matter how 'G' you wanna keep it on the industry tip, you don't want to do that to somebody especially if it's genuine. We've been together for a little bit now."
He is so corny to me. I don't know exactly what it is though because I know nothing about him. Anyway, you can can check out a recent photospread featuring Christina from OK magazine via Foxxology. [SOURCE]