Monday, May 15, 2006

Spotlight On: Mila J

Here is a quick bio on Mila J from her official site: The Los Angeles native began rapping at age 4 and immediately knew her destiny was to perform. Reminiscent of the late Left Eye, whom she admires, Jamila contributes her love of hip-hop to her music and sense of style, giving her a street edge with feminine appeal.
"I've always loved old school groups like the Fat Boys oddly enough," Jamila shares, "The guy at the video store ended up just giving me a copy of Krush Groove because its my favorite movie of all time and Id rent it every weekend."
As one in a family of six, the animated youngster met Chris (Stokes) when she was just nine years old after her sister had appeared in an Immature video. She caught the producers eye and he made her a member of his now defunct girl group Dame. Hailing from a musical family, Jamila's natural ability shines through, from her sense of style to her self-written rhymes.
"I went to school for fashion, but singing and dancing are in my heart, thats what I love and cant see myself doing anything else."
Mila J's debut single is the song "Complete". Click the links below to listen to her music and to learn more about her. Click play to check out the video for her song "Complete/I'm Me".