Friday, May 12, 2006

Random Thought...

Yesterday a lot of the sites that I went to were discussing Ashlee Simpson's alleged nose job. I only say alleged because she won't confirm or deny if she had a nose job. But anybody with at least one good eye can clearly see that she had some work done, but whatever, the new nose isn't bad. Anyway, after reading the "breaking news" on her nose, lol, I had a thought. I was thinking, Why don't celebrities just tell the truth if they've had plastic surgery? Especially when it's blatantly obvious, ASHLEE. I'm not saying walk around with a sign saying "I've Had Work Done!!". I don't have a problem with plastic surgery whatsoever, if you want to fix your face, do it. It's your body, you should be allowed to "enhance" your features if you want. I'm all for self improvement. But don't go into an interview acting like you don't know what's going on when they ask you about surgery. Don't try to convince me you just instantly became prettier or thinner or whatever, when just a week ago you looked different. I can be a little naive, but I'm not blind. I know there are those people that accuse every celebrity under the sun of having plastic surgery. I'm not that person. I know our bodies (face included) change as we mature (especially during the transition from your teens to adulthood), but some changes just aren't natural. I only really question people who have plastic surgery that makes them look worse than they looked before the surgery (a la Vivica Fox, Lil Kim, & Michael Jackson). And no, I'm not calling Vivica and Lil Kim unattractive, I just think they looked better before the surgery. Anyway, I said all of this to say, Just admit it, we'll still like you. We still love Patti Labelle, Janet Jackson, and Toni Braxton (and they all look great)...