Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nicole Knows She's Too Thin...

In the latest issue of "Vanity Fair" Nicole Richie admits that she's too thin and that she does have a problem...
Nicole Richie tells Vanity Fair contributing editor Leslie Bennetts that her current weight upsets her and she's doing something about it. "I know I'm too thin right now, so I wouldn't want any young girl looking at me and saying, 'That's what I want to look like.' I do know that they will, which is another reason I really do need to do something about it. I'm not happy with the way I look right now."

Dr. Jeffery Wilkins tells Bennetts: "Our evaluation is an ongoing one. We're working on a systematic plan to get more calories in, and we're going to watch it and see if it succeeds. We're all concerned, and she's concerned, but it's either going to improve or it won't. If it's not anorexia, she should be able to gain the weight. If it ends up being anorexia, we'll help her with that. I think she's willing to look this in the eye."

Richie tells Bennetts that she thinks "girls who look like hourglasses," like Jennifer Lopez and Joy Bryant, are sexy, and claims that her diet is not one that would contribute to thinness. "I eat the worst foods—salty cheese-and-grease kind of stuff.… I have gained weight since I was at my thinnest," she says, but she doesn't know how much she weighs. "I get weighed once a week with my nutritionist, but I don't ask. Numbers aren't going to mean anything to me."

I'm proud of Nicole, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Below you can check out some pictures of Nicole out in Santa Monica on April 24th...


Vanity Fair