Sunday, May 28, 2006

MTV Video Music Awards Japan ...

The 2006 MTV Video Music Awards Japan took place on May 27th. A lot of celebrities came out for the event including John Legend, Kelly Rowland, Rihanna, Trey Songz, and MICHAEL JACKSON. He made a rare appearance to pick up the "Legend Award".
Introduced to an adoring crowd at a Tokyo stadium as "the king of pop, the king of rock and the king of soul," Jackson flashed a quick "peace" sign as he walked onstage to the sound of one of his biggest hits, "Thriller". "I'd like to say to the Japanese people from the bottom of my heart, 'I love you very, very much'," the 47-year-old entertainer said.

Receiving a "Legend Award" at MTV's Japan Video Music Awards ceremony, Jackson said, "I thank the fans around the world and I thank the fans in Japan. "I promised myself I wouldn't be emotional when I got up here," he continued, as his voice cracked and trailed off. Then he added, "I think you are very sweet, generous and kind people. "I thank all the people who believed in me. I believe in you. I thank my children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, who have been there for me," he added. "I love them very much."

You can check out pictures of Michael, Kelly, Rihanna, John Legend and Trey Songz below. In the picture of Trey Songz with the Asian girl, notice the "2 up, 2 down". It's VA baby!! lol, Any the pictures are below...



Reuters