Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kelis in "XXL"...

Kelis is featured in the latest issue of "XXL" magazine. You can check out the article below. The glasses she's wearing remind of the glasses they have in the goodie bags at kids' birthday parties. Kelis is so fly, she seems like she'd be a lot of fun to be around. Anyway, in the article she talks about her husband, Nas, her sound and place in the music industry. You can read a little piece below.
XXL:...Are you aware that you will be stacked up against the Keyshia Coles and Beyonces. Are you a fan of that sound?
Kelis: Absolutely. I know where it comes from; I see where it's going. I salute every woman that's out there, because it's definitely not easy. Yes, they kind of put us up against each other all the time. But I think that people that listen to me realize that we stand alone. And that's what it's supposed to be. It's funny. I don't think that there are that many female R&B artists, and I know I get put in that category [just] because I'm Black. I welcome that. At the end of the day, I don't care what you call it; you can call it country music. I do what I do and feel great about it, because this is not an easy job.
Click the pictures to see the full article. Below the article you can check out some pictures of Kelis partying at Republic Gardens in DC on May 13th...


[SOURCE]