Thursday, May 25, 2006

Amerie is "None of the Above"...

On May 23rd in an interview with Vibe.com while at the Sprite Street Couture Showcase, Amerie informed them that her upcoming album is close to completion (Fall release date) and will be called "None of the Above"...
"It’s called None of The Above because I feel like as people we never like to be in boxes and myself, I never like to feel like I’m categorized," Amerie exclusively told Vibe."Everyone is always trying to put me in a box, as far as growing up, ethnicity-wise and racially like 'What Am I?' 'What do I think I'm more of?'

"I feel like with this album, I really got to have fun and create a lot of different things. I mean I just create music. I just do my thing," said Amerie. "It (the new album) goes from like '70s funk to the '80s music that we all grew up listening to and I just meshed it all together with my signature style."

I like Amerie and all but does she even have a signature style??? She hasn't done enough of one thing to have a signature. "Why Don't We Fall In Love" was completely different from "1 Thing" and think those are her only hits, correct me if I'm wrong. But, whatever. If you missed the teaser for her song "Some Like It" the first time around, you can listen to it below. It has an '80s feel. You can also check out a few pictures of her at the Sprite thing. She looks cute as usual...

[Vibe.com]