Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Meet Carly Simon...

I'm sure a lot of you already know of Carly Simon, but some of you may not. Well, I won't bore you with a biography, but I will say that her music is great. She has a song for every emotion and every situation. I was updating the site, playing my music, and I started listening to Carly then I thought 'I'm going to put some Carly on my site'. You never really hear about her too much these days but you have heard her work. Janet Jackson sampled Carly's song, "You're So Vain", in her song "Son of a Gun". Jennifer Lopez also remade Carly's song ,"You Belong To Me", on her album "This is Me...Then". Click the links below to listen to a few songs from Carly Simon. Why??? Well, because I said so :)...


7 comments:








Anonymous

said...

im suprised that im not the only black girl that listens to her.





Anonymous

said...

you're not alone; carly is classic. i also like "haven't got time for the pain" and "the stuff that dreams are made of." her lyrics are great and timeless. janis joplin is another favorite. great music.





Anonymous

said...

I love "You're So Vain"!!!





Anonymous

said...

I love her! She Is so very Talented! I first heard of her when she sang a song on a Winnie the Pooh Movie...LOL...my fav Is "your so Vain" She Is very Beautiful also





Anonymous

said...

'Nobody Does it Better' has always been one of my favorite songs. My oldest sister (41) hipped me to her when i was about 10. Nice to see some other ppl feelin her too. I have her wole collection in my iPod





Anonymous

said...

and i, too am surprised (and refreshed) to see that i'm not the only balck girl (in our age bracket) who's feelin her.





Anonymous

said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »